Mid West Planning Ltd Data Protection Policy and Procedure
This Policy and Procedure has been updated in preparation for the introduction of the General Data Protection Regulations due in May 2018.
Mid West Planning Ltd takes your privacy very seriously. We ask that you read this Data Protection Policy and Procedure carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when the Mid West Planning collects personal information about you and how the we will use your personal data.
Mid West Planning’s registered office is Offley House, 18 Church Street, Shifnal. Shropshire. TF11 9AA.
This policy applies to information we collect about:
- Visitors to our website who complete the contact us form.
- People who telephone or email to make enquiries about the services we offer.
- People who do business with us or register for our services.
The information we collect about you
When you fill out contact forms on the website or make telephone or email enquiries we collect the following personal information from you:
- Your name.
- Your postal address, email address and telephone/mobile/fax number 3. Any other information about the matter for which you are approaching the Firm about, sometimes including information about your business and employees.
- Occasionally we may receive additional information about you from other sources (such as Local Planning Authority websites, other professionals etc.) which we will add to the information which we already hold about you in order to help us provide our services to you.
What we do with the information we hold
We undertake to: –
- Obtain information and process it lawfully.
- Information is obtained for a specific and lawful purpose and shall not be processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose.
- Be adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes.
- Be accurate and kept up to date.
- Not kept any longer than is necessary for the agreed purposes, apart from when it is required to be retained for legal or regulatory purposes. Data retained for legal or regulatory purposes will be retained for seven years after last being actively used for the purpose required.
- Data will only be processed in accordance with the data subject rights.
- Data will be kept safe from unauthorised access, accidental loss or destruction.
- No data will be transferred outside of the European Economic area unless that country has equivalent levels of protection of data.
- We do not pass your data to third parties without your express consent. This will only be required in connection with the services we provide, for example for quotations for specialist reports required in connection with the services we provide for you.